Saturday, March 7, 2015

Saturday poem

The Sunblock Gang
Saturday, March 7, 2015
9:53 AM
I don't know why I tried to hang
For all those years with the sunblock gang.
Shunning daylight out of habit.
My tanning oil turning rancid in the medicine cabinet.

I gave up sleep so we could play
Always up at dawn for work either way.
Seems stupid now, as I've been told
We never really had much in common anyway.

I filled their cave with innumerable goods,
Fixed supper for the worms and the elves.
Just like Anne, look what happened to her.
Imagining the last the bright routes.
I got some pills to help with that.
It wasn't enough. I don't live there anymore.



My house is made of windows now
No vampires come for tea
I miss the blood red wine we drank.
I don't think they miss me.


No comments:

Post a Comment