Saturday, July 25, 2015

When you are feeling down, Count Your Blessings

It is important to see the joy in the world.  So Today I am grateful for these lovely things:

My wonderful kid chose to speak to me like a human being when she started her week with me.  She even told me what she was reading before I had a chance to ask her.  We split a candy bar.  It wasn't long before she was in her air conditioned room, but at least for an hour I felt like she could see me, I felt like we could see each other.  Being a teenager was the worst time of my life, and I can't imagine her life is much better, since she has two parents who have more than the average portion of life challenges right now.  She is kind, and that is something that matters a great deal.

My business partners are my friends.  This venture we are embarking on is still pretty scary - having to make decisions about things we don't completely understand.  But I know that we are all in it together, and at the end of a morning of brain-wracking work we can sit around and watch a show about ancient aliens and laugh together.

The sun is out.  I have a place to move to in a week. My houseplants are thriving. Kai Lan likes to play with binder clips.  My Mother loves me, and always helps me.  My boyfriend loves me, and is there for me. I have plenty of Coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment